Thanks to Ellis Co. 4-H Leaders who dedicate themselves to helping our 4-H members learn Leadership, Citizenship and Lifeskills.
4-H Leader's Creed
- The 4-H member is more important than the 4-H project.
- Learning how to do the project is more important than the project itself.
- 4-H'ers should be their own best exhibits.
- No award is worth sacrificing the reputation of a member or a leader.
- Competition should be given no more emphasis than other fundamentals of 4-H work.
- Enthusiasm is caught, not taught.
- To learn by doing is fundamental in any sound educational program and is characteristic of the 4-H program.
- Generally speaking, there is more than one good way to do most things.
- Every 4-H member needs to be noticed, to feel important, to win and be praised (leaders, too).
- Our job as leader is to teach 4-H members how to think, not what to think.