Crops and Livestock
While farming is admirable as a way of life, it is also a business. Therefore, our research-based programs promote:
- effective production practices;
- competitive pricing;
- business management skills;
- environmentally sound production practices;
- alternative agriculture businesses;
- youth education about food and fiber sources;
- successful living on a few acres.
We offer a number of animal science-related computer software packages for ranchers and crop software for farmers. Just ask us, extension offices in Kansas have copies of many of the programs available for previewing.
For more information on crops and livestock please visit the K-State Research and Extension site.